TOUR the Flight Centre, MEET women pilots, LEARN more about the industry and try a FREE FLIGHT.*
Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre (WWFC) is happy to host its annual Girls Can Fly event once again on Saturday, May 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m at our facility, located at the Region of Waterloo International Airport. It is a FREE educational event that promotes women in aviation and offers free flights for girls aged eight to 18 years.
Everyone is invited to this Rain or Shine event, even if they do not get a flight.
The event will also feature exhibitors from the industry who will have some interactive components.
The event was established to promote the aviation industry to girls and young women. The representation of women in the aviation industry has changed over the years, but there is still a long way to go.
*Free flights for girls ages 8-18 years only. Preregistration required.
May 14th, 2022
10am to 4pm
4881 Fountain St N, Breslau
Flight Registration is now closed. The waitlist is full.
· Free Flights are for girls aged 8-18 only
· There are flight times for planes and helicopters
· Please sign up for only ONE flight time per child (either plane or helicopter). Multiple sign ups will not be accepted
· Ages and weights will be collected upon registration.
· Face coverings must be worn on aircraft
· A waiver must be signed onsite before boarding aircraft
· Flights are weather permitting and for this one day only.
· If you don’t get a flight, there are a limited number of spots on our waitlist.
Planes and volunteer pilots are generously provided by WWFC and COPA Breslau Flyers Flight 26. Special thanks to Great Lakes Helicopter who have volunteered helicopter rides throughout the day.
- 2022 Exhibitors:
- AirSprint Private Aviation
- Air Cadets 822 at CYKF
- Air Canada
- Amie Aliza Aviation Jewelry
- Brick Works Academy
- Bearskin Airlines
- Centennial College
- Chartright Air Group
- Conestoga College
- COPA Breslau Flyers Flight 26
- Elevate Aviation
- Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- Great Lakes Helicopter
- Jazz Aviation
- Lost Aviator Coffee
- Mega Cone Creamery
- Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada
- NAV Canada
- Northern Lights Aero Foundation
- Perimeter Aviation
- Porter Airlines
- Region of Waterloo International Airport
- Runways Cafe
- Sunwing Airlines
- uFly Simulator
- University of Waterloo – WISA
- Voyageur Aviation Corp
- Waterloo on the Grand Ninety Nines
- Waterloo Warbirds
- Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre
- Women in Aviation – Waterloo Winged Warriors
Also, thank you to our generous sponsors: