Date:Saturday, June 27, 2020
Time:10am – 4pm
Location:Region of Waterloo International Airport
Grab your walking shoes and explore the airport on foot at this free family event. Learn how the aviation industry works, meet pilots, get up close to airport equipment, vintage aircraft and classic cars.
Visit aviation related displays in the Airport’s Terminal Building, Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre, Royal Canadian Air Cadet Youth Development Centre and see unique and vintage aircraft up close on Apron IV, an area usually restricted to the public.
Please bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation for the Cambridge Self Help Food Bank and the Food Bank of Waterloo Region. To date, Aviation Fun day has collected 13,751 pounds of food and $21,382 all to help the one in 20 households in Waterloo Region that need food assistance.
WWFC Flights – Flights are 10:30am-3:30pm. Cost is $120/plane. First come, first serve. No pre-registration required. Visit the WWFC Registration Tent by Gate 9 to sign up!
2019 features at WWFC included:
- Air Combat Zone & Locked on Photography
- Air Georgian
- AME Association of Ontario
- Canadian Women in Aviation
- Great Lakes Helicopter
- Halton County Radial Railway
- Happy Art Face Painting – FREE FACE PAINTING
- Jazz Aviation
- Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada
- Northern Lights Aero Foundation
- Pilots Friend
- uFly 737 Simulator
- University of Waterloo – Aviation Programs
- Waterloo Region Museum
- Waterloo Rocketry
- Winged Warriors
- Waterloo Regional Police
- WWFC RPAS Drone Zone
Participate in the passport promo for a chance to win a local scenic flight!
How to enter:
- Pick up a passport at any of the participating locations.
- Find the six maple leaf logos as you explore Aviation Fun Day.
- Get your passport stamped at the six locations.
- Drop off your filled out passport in one of the two boxes at WWFC.
See full rules and regulations for more details. Draw will take place August 20 and the winner will be notified via email or phone.