PPL – the sky is the limit!
A private pilot flies for the fun and the challenge!
A Private Pilot Licence – Aeroplane, allows you to:
- Fly as pilot-in-command or co-pilot of an aeroplane of a class and type in respect of which the licence is endorsed with ratings
- Challenge yourself by advancing your licence with additional licences and/or ratings
- Minimum 17 years of age (14 for first solo)
- Valid Category 1 or 3 Medical Certificate
To achieve your PPL you must have:
- Completed a minimum of 45 hours total flight time, (of which a maximum of five hours may be completed in an approved flight-training device), with:
- 17 hours dual instruction flight time, including three hours of cross country flight time and five hours of instrument time (three hours may be approved simulator ground time)
- 12 hours solo flight time, including five hours of cross country flight time, including a flight of a minimum of 150 nautical miles which shall include two full stop landings at points other than the point of departure
- Successfully completed a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standards – Private Licence – Aeroplane (TP13723E)
- Completed a minimum of 40 hours private pilot aeroplane ground school instruction including mandatory subject areas.
- Obtained a minimum of 60% on the written examination for Private Pilot Licence – Aeroplane (PPAER)
Private Pilot Licence information and pricing
- Fall session is now FULL. If you would like to be added to the waitlist please register and we will contact you.
- Next session is Winter 2022 – Dates TBA – Tues & Thurs 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Ground School Cost: $399 + HST