The Commercial Pilot Licence is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Get on the flight-path to becoming a professional pilot!
A commercial pilot flies for their job – big plane or small, they are getting paid to fly.
Once you have your private pilot licence, and becoming a professional pilot is your goal, the next licence you will need to complete is your Commercial Pilot Licence. At WWFC you can work towards your CPL at your own pace, with a customized plan that our CFI will help develop with you. CPL is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Our CPL flight training program requires you to sign a Private Career College contract prior to commencing any part of your CPL training – ground school and/or flight training.
A Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane allows you to:
- Operate single pilot, non-high-performance aeroplanes under VMC for hire or reward while employed by the holder of an Air Operator Certificate
- Exercise the privileges of a PPL, night rating, and VFR OTT rating
- Minimum 18 years of age upon completion
- Valid Private Pilot Licence – Aeroplane
- Valid Category 1 Medical Certificate
- Completed Private Career College Admission Application (PCC#105919)
To achieve your CPL you must have:
- have completed a minimum of 200 hours total flight time in aeroplanes, including a minimum of 100 hours pilot-in-command time, with 20 hours cross-country pilot-in-command time, including:
- 35 hours post-private dual instruction time and 30 hours post-private solo flight time
- successfully completed a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standard – Commercial Licence – Aeroplane
- successfully completed a minimum of 80 hours of Commercial Pilot – Aeroplane ground school instruction
- obtained a minimum of 60% on the written examination for Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane (CPAER)
- Commercial Pilot Licence information and pricing (PDF)
For a more detailed outline of the training requirements, please visit Transport Canada Part IV – Personnel Licensing and Training, Division VII – Commercial Licence
- Ground School Cost: $479 + HST
- Next Session Fall 2021 – Dates TBA – Monday & Wednesdays – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
*This course is scheduled pending enrollment levels. Payment is due at registration but if the course is cancelled, a full refund will be issued.
* We hope to offer this as in person learning, however we will have to comply with whatever restrictions are in place at that time.
For more information about our programs that are registered under the PCC Act please see our Private Career Colleges section.