At this time WWFC is not accepting international students until designated educational institutions are fully opted out of any restrictions put in by the government due to COVID19.
Why choose Canada?
- Canada is one of the most multicultural countries in the world and the Kitchener-Waterloo area is no exception.
- The climate in Canada allows students to train in various diverse weather conditions. In Southern Ontario, the summers are warm (15 to 30 degrees C) and the winters are cold (-20 to +10 C). Student pilots will experience flying in weather that includes rain, snow, wind, sun, and very warm and cold temperatures.
- International students have the option of working while they study in Canada. Students have the opportunity to gain Canadian work experience after they graduate if they are enrolled in certain programs.
- Canadian licences are transferable to many different countries, which not only allows world class training, but you end up saving money.
|Cost||Less expensive to fly in Canada due to the value of the Canadian dollar||The US dollar’s strength means a higher cost of training|
|Culture||Canadians are welcoming and the Greater Toronto Area is one of the most multicultural areas in the world|
|Working During Studies||Ability work while on a study permit||F1 and M1 students are not allowed to work during their studies (certain exceptions apply)|
|Post Grad||Apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit while you’re in school|
Why choose Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre (WWFC)?
- One of the largest flight schools in Canada by fleet and student size, located one hour west of Toronto, Canada’s largest city.
- Kitchener-Waterloo area has many amenities catered to student life due to the large universities and college nearby.
- Open seven days a week allowing students great flexibility in their schedule.
- Large fleet of aircraft and state of the art simulators available for training.
- A large controlled airport, with IFR approaches and practice areas five minutes away!
- Non-profit corporation – which means all our profits are re-invested in the business.
- More than 87 years of operations, with alumni flying around the world.
- Integrated ATPL program that accepts international students!
- Traditional Modular Approach which allows students to work at their own pace to become a pilot.
- International students pay the same fees as domestic students.
- One of the lowest international student application fees in Canada.
- Foreign licence conversion for individuals with non-Canadian licences.
- Offers a two year diploma program with Conestoga College and a four year degree program with the University of Waterloo (please keep in mind that universities and colleges have different fees for international students.)
How to Apply
Applying to WWFC is a thorough, but straightforward process designed to allow students to get started on their flight training as soon as possible!
Application – We are not accepting applications until Fall 2022
In order to start your journey into aviation, please fill out the WWFC application form in the link below and we will contact you for an interview to discuss the program and ensure that it meets your goals and expectations. International students are recommended to start their visa/study permit application at least four months before the start date to allow time for it to be approved. A $100 application fee is required to process your application and a conditional letter of acceptance. Another deposit (refundable) is on final unconditional admission to the program.
The following documents must be attached to your application for us to be able to efficiently process it.
- Birth Certificate/Citizenship Card
- High school or Post Secondary School transcript
- IELTS (for international students)
- Records of previous aviation experience (if you have any)
What Happens Next?
Once students have paid their application fees and attached the associated documents, we will start processing your application! Prospective students will be contacted to further develop a plan for their entry into the program and be given the outline for how to proceed with their journey into aviation!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly and we can arrange a specific time for a telephone conversation.