Our professional pilot programs include:
Conestoga College Aviation
University of Waterloo Aviation
Commercial Pilot Training
Flight Instructor Rating
A career in aviation? There’s no better time than today to start training.
In the ever growing industry of Aviation, there has never been a better time than now to start training to be a professional pilot. With employment prospects for career pilots at an all-time high and increasing numbers of senior airline pilots retiring, young pilots are finding jobs right out of school. Becoming a professional pilot is much like many other trades – and you will spend your first several years “building hours”, gaining experience, developing your skills and upgrading your licence with ratings and type checkouts. But if you work hard, stay focused and are mobile, you will find your way in the aviation industry.
What if I don’t want to fly for an airline? What are my options? Being a professional pilot doesn’t ‘pigeon hole’ you to fly for an airline. There are many other rewarding flying jobs available. You can choose from being a float-plane pilot, flying for a charter service or a corporation or even the RCMP. Regardless of where you want to end up, all fledgling pilots start out on the same course, and many employers in today’s economy are looking for entry level pilots with more than just their licence. Advanced education and training from a reputable flight school are both high on an employer’s checklist.
So where to start? The Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre offers distinct programs for individuals who want to pursue a career path as a commercial pilot.
Why choose the Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre for your professional pilot training?
• Among the 5 largest flight schools in Canada
• A non-profit corporation – which means profits are all re-invested in the business
• Experience! Opened in 1932, giving WWFC more than 80 years in the aviation industry
• Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
• Located at the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF), International, controlled, IFR facility
• Surrounded by airspace that supports training from initial to IFR
- Offered our Post-secondary programs for more than a decade
- An excellent student graduation rate
- Industry connections at both the local & national levels
- A great team of flight instructors, including senior levels (Class 1, IFR and Pilot Examiners)
- A large fleet of aircraft
- Graduates working in all areas of the industry, including major airlines
- An excellent safety record